If you've ever looked at an advanced Excel spreadsheet, you've probably noticed that it has the capability to generate beautiful charts and graphs to display data in an easy-to-read visual format. But for someone just getting started with spreadsheets, creating charts can be difficult and time-consuming. There are a lot of options, and learning them all by yourself is overwhelming.
You'd love to be able to make stunning spreadsheets that visually communicate data through charts and graphs. But finding where to begin can be daunting.
That's where this course comes in. With over 30 minutes of succinct but comprehensive videos paired with a series of engaging exercises, it will quickly get you up to speed on everything you need to know to build beautiful, charts in Excel. Armed with the knowledge in this course, you'll be well-equipped to interview confidently at a new job — or to get that big promotion.
At Deskbright, we believe in learning by doing. That's why all of our courses come with a set of hands-on challenges that let you practice your newly-learned skills on your own. Each exercise comes with a comprehensive answer key so that you can check your work and learn through experience.
We offer a 100%, unconditional, 30-day money-back guarantee on all of our courses. If you aren't satisfied for any reason, you can let us know within 30 days of your purchase to get your money back — no questions asked. This means that there's absolutely no risk on your end!
What are the requirements?
- Microsoft Excel 2007 or later — Windows or Mac!
What will I get from this course?
Over the course of 5 bite-sized videos, you'll learn everything you need to know to make charts and graphs in Excel, including:
- How to format input data for easy insertion into a Chart;
- Different chart types — like bars, stacked bars, lines, and waterfalls;
- Formatting charts with axis titles, legends, colors, and more;
- Adding data labels and data tables to your charts for easy viewing; and
- Constructing scatter plots with linear regressions to make predictions based on historical data.
Who is the target audience?
This course is designed for the intermediate spreadsheet user who is already familiar with Excel's interface. Familiarity with PivotTables is also a plus, as we'll be using some very basic PivotTables to format our chart input data.
If you want to learn how to leverage the power of Excel to create beautiful, easy-to-read charts and graphs, this course is for you.
Although this course is recorded on a Windows computer, the formulas and functions we'll learn also work great on a Mac.
Who is the instructor?
This course is taught by career expert and master Excel instructor Sam McIntire of Deskbright. With years of experience teaching students around the world advanced Excel skills, his easy-to-follow style is perfect for beginners to advanced learners alike. Sam:
- Has helped thousands of students learn the Excel formulas and functions they need to succeed at work;
- Is an experienced management consultant who learned Excel on-the-job at a top tier firm;
- Has been featured in top business publications like Fast Company, Business.com, and Forbes;
- Has received hundreds of positive reviews and 'thank you' e-mails from students whose work was transformed by his lessons.
Sam McIntire is a master Excel instructor and founder of Deskbright. His internationally-known tutorials have helped thousands of students around the world learn the Excel skills they need to succeed.
Sam started out as a management consultant, where he learned Excel on the job in one of the country's highest-performing firms.