In the world of Excel, "modeling" refers to the practice of building spreadsheets that make predictions about the future based on historical data and informed assumptions. Learning to construct effective models is an essential skill in high-powered analytical jobs.
But learning how to model effectively can be difficult. There aren't many resources online that teach how to make Excel models properly — and those that do cost hundreds or even thousands of dollars. And trying to do things on your own is even more dangerous - the last thing you want is to learn to do things the wrong way!
You'd love to be a master Excel modeler with the knowledge needed to construct high-quality, beautiful projections and estimates in Excel. Imagine the impact it would have on your career: you'd be a respected expert for your co-workers; you'd be eligible for promotion to higher-performing roles; and you might even be qualified to apply for that new job you've had your eye on!
That's where this course comes in. With an easy-to-follow series of succinct but comprehensive videos paired with, hands-on Excel exercises, it will quickly get you up to speed on everything you need to know to build beautiful financial models in Excel. Armed with the knowledge in this course, you'll be well-equipped to interview confidently at a new job — or to get that big promotion.
At Deskbright, we believe in learning by doing. That's why all of our courses come with a set of hands-on challenges that let you practice your newly-learned skills on your own. Each exercise comes with a comprehensive answer key so that you can check your work and learn through experience.
We offer a 100%, unconditional, 30-day money-back guarantee on all of our courses. If you aren't satisfied for any reason, you can let us know within 30 days of your purchase to get your money back — no questions asked. This means that there's absolutely no risk on your end!
What are the requirements?
- Microsoft Excel 2007 or later — Windows or Mac!
What will I get from this course?
In this series of bite-sized videos and tutorials, you'll learn everything you need to know to construct your first financial projection model, including:
- What a model is, and why models are important in the business world;
- How to prepare to build a model by outlining outputs, baselines, and assumptions;
- The importance of flexible assumptions, and how to build them into your spreadsheet;
- How to 'wireframe' a model before constructing it to save yourself time and energy;
- Formulas and functions needed to link up formulas in a completed model;
- Excel's Goal Seek and Data Table functions for sensitivity analysis.
Who is the target audience?
This course is designed for the intermediate spreadsheet user who is already familiar with Excel's interface — and some formulas and functions — but who isn't quite sure how to use Excel to its fullest. Basic knowledge of features like formulas and arithmetic, INDEX MATCH, and PivotTables is helpful, but not required.
If you want to learn how to leverage the power of Excel to make financial forecasts and other predictions about the future, this course is perfect for you.
Although this course is recorded on a Windows computer, the formulas and functions we'll learn also work great on a Mac.
Who is the instructor?
This course is taught by career expert and master Excel instructor Sam McIntire of Deskbright. With years of experience teaching students around the world advanced Excel skills, his easy-to-follow style is perfect for beginners to advanced learners alike. Sam:
- Has helped thousands of students learn the Excel formulas and functions they need to succeed at work;
- Is an experienced management consultant who learned Excel on-the-job at a top tier firm;
- Has been featured in top business publications like Fast Company, Business.com, and Forbes;
- Has received hundreds of positive reviews and 'thank you' e-mails from students whose work was transformed by his lessons.
Sam McIntire is a master Excel instructor and founder of Deskbright. His internationally-known tutorials have helped thousands of students around the world learn the Excel skills they need to succeed.
Sam started out as a management consultant, where he learned Excel on the job in one of the country's highest-performing firms.